Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 39A-289
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Hawaii Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
To secure the payment of any of the special purpose revenue bonds issued pursuant to this part, including interest on the bonds, or in connection with the bonds, the department shall have the power to:
(1) Pledge all or any part of the revenues derived by the department from the project agreement to the punctual payment of special purpose revenue bonds issued with respect to the project financed or refinanced from bond proceeds, including interest on the bonds, and to covenant against pledging any revenues or receipts to any other bonds or any other obligations of the department for any other purpose, except as otherwise stated in the law providing for the issuance of additional special purpose revenue bonds to be equally and ratably secured by a lien upon the revenues;
(2) Pledge and assign the interest of the department under the project agreement and other related agreements and the rights, duties, and obligations of the department thereunder, including the right to receive revenues;
(3) Covenant as to the use and disposition of the proceeds from the sale of the bonds;
(4) Covenant to set aside or pay over reserves and sinking funds for the bonds and as to the disposition thereof;
(5) Covenant and prescribe as to what occurrences shall constitute “events of default” and the terms and conditions upon which any or all of the bonds shall become or may be declared due before maturity and as to the terms and conditions upon which the declaration and its consequences may be waived;
(6) Covenant as to the rights, liabilities, powers, and duties arising upon the breach by the department of any covenant, condition, or obligation;
(7) Designate a national or state bank or trust company within or without the State, incorporated in the United States, to serve as trustee for the holders of the special purpose revenue bonds and to enter into a trust indenture or trust agreement or indenture of mortgage with the trustee. The trustee may be authorized by the department to receive and receipt for, hold, and administer the proceeds of the special purpose revenue bonds issued for the project and to apply the proceeds to the purposes for which the bonds are issued, or to receive and receipt for, hold, and administer the revenues derived by the department under the project agreement and to apply the revenues to the payment of the principal and interest on the bonds, or both, and any excess revenues to the payment of expenses incurred by the State in administering the bonds or in carrying out the project agreement. If a trustee is appointed, any trust indenture or trust agreement or indenture of mortgage entered into by the department with the trustee may contain whatever covenants and provisions as may be necessary, convenient, or desirable to secure the bonds. The department may pledge and assign to the trustee the interest of the department under the project agreement and other related agreements as well as the rights, duties, and obligations of the department thereunder, including the right to receive revenues thereunder. The department may appoint the trustee to serve as fiscal agent for the payment of the principal and interest and for the purchase, registration, transfer, exchange, and redemption of the special purpose revenue bonds. The department may also authorize and empower the trustee to perform functions with respect to payment, purchase, registration, transfer, exchange, and redemption as the department may deem necessary, advisable, or expedient, including, without limitation, the holding of the special purpose revenue bonds and coupons that have been paid and the supervision of the destruction of the bonds and coupons according to the law;
(8) Execute all instruments necessary or convenient in the exercise of the powers herein granted or in the performance of its covenants and duties; and
(9) Make covenants and perform any acts as may be necessary, convenient, or desirable to secure the bonds, although such covenants, acts, or items may not be enumerated here.
The department may do all things in the issuance of the bonds and for their security that are consistent with the Constitution of the State of Hawaii.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Hawaii Revised Statutes Division 1. Government § 39A-289 - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/hi/division-1-government/hi-rev-st-sect-39a-289.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?