(a) Every entity with a place of business in the State that engages in the retail sale of electronic smoking devices shall register with the unit by providing all of the information required by this section. Registration shall not be approved unless all of the applicable provisions of this section have been met to the satisfaction of the unit.
(b) Registration information required by this section shall include:
(1) The name or names under which the entity conducts or will conduct business;
(2) The address of the principal place of business of the entity and the address of each place of business the entity maintains in the State;
(3) The entity's general excise tax number;
(4) A statement of ownership that shall include the name of each person who, individually or acting in concert with any other person or persons, owns or controls, directly or indirectly, twenty-five per cent or more of the equity interests of the entity; and
(5) An attestation that the entity is not in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act and its regulations, or has not received a warning letter from the United States Food and Drug Administration based on a compliance check inspection within thirty days of applying for registration.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.