A national bank located in this state may merge or consolidate with, or enter into
a share exchange with, a corporation other than a bank or trust company, provided
(1) Such merger, share exchange, or consolidation is permitted by the laws of the
United States and such laws are complied with;
(2) The laws governing the merger, share exchange, or consolidation of such corporation
are complied with;
(3) The resulting institution of the merger or consolidation, or the acquired bank
in a share exchange, is a national bank;
(4) The resulting institution of the merger or consolidation, or the acquired bank
in a share exchange, holds only assets and liabilities and engages only in activities
which may be held or engaged in by a national bank located in this state; and
(5) The merger, share exchange, or consolidation is not otherwise unlawful.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.