As used in this article, the term:
(1) “Abuse investigator” means the division, any county department, or any designee thereof.
(2) “Alleged child abuser” means an individual named in an abuse investigator's report as having committed a substantiated case.
(3) “Child” means an individual under 18 years of age.
(4) “Child abuse” shall have the same meaning as in paragraph (4) of subsection (b) of Code Section 19-7-5 .
(5) “Child abuse registry” means the Child Protective Services Information System.
(6) “Division” means the Division of Family and Children Services of the department.
(7) “Out-of-state abuse investigator” means a public child protective agency or law enforcement agency of any other state bound by confidentiality requirements as to information obtained under this article which are similar to those provided in this article.
(8) “Sexual abuse” shall have the same meaning as in paragraph (10) of subsection (b) of Code Section 19-7-5 .
(9) “Sexual exploitation” shall have the same meaning as in paragraph (11) of subsection (b) of Code Section 19-7-5 .
(10) “Substantiated case” means an investigation of a child abuse report by an abuse investigator which has been confirmed based upon a preponderance of the evidence that child abuse has occurred.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.