Every pawnbroker shall maintain a permanent record book in which shall be entered in legible English at the time of each loan, purchase, or sale:
(1) The date of the transaction;
(2) The name of the person conducting the transaction;
(3) The name, age, and address of the customer; a description of the general appearance of the customer; and the distinctive number from the customer's driver's license or other similar identification card;
(4) An identification and description of the pledged or purchased goods, including, if reasonably available, the serial, model, or other number, and all identifying marks inscribed thereon;
(5) The number of the receipt or pawn ticket;
(6) The price paid or the amount loaned;
(7) If payment is made by check, the number of the check issued for the purchase price or loan;
(8) The maturity date of the transaction; and
(9) The signature of the customer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 44. Property § 44-12-132 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-44-property/ga-code-sect-44-12-132.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.