Georgia Code Title 40. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 40-6-208
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) In all parking lots, parking decks, and other such facilities owned or operated by any public transit authority or established for the exclusive purpose of providing parking for passengers of rapid rail or public transit buses, it shall be unlawful to:
(1) Stop, stand, or park a vehicle other than in marked spaces designed for that purpose;
(2) Stop, stand, or park a vehicle on any yellow curb;
(3) Stop, stand, or park a vehicle in any location which results in impeding ingress or egress to said facility or which results in impeding the free passage of any other vehicle;
(4) Leave any vehicle unattended in areas designated as “kiss-ride” or designated as “attended vehicles only”;
(5) Stop, stand, or park any taxicab or other vehicle for hire, whether attended or unattended, in any area not specifically designated for such vehicles;
(6) Stop, stand, or park any vehicle for the purpose of loading or unloading passengers, except in areas specifically designated for that use, such as “kiss-ride” or “passenger drop-off” areas;
(7) Stop, stand, or park any vehicle for a period in excess of 24 hours unless such parking area is designated “overnight” or “long-term” parking;
(8) Stop, stand, or park any vehicle for any purpose other than to board the rapid rail car or public transit bus serving such parking lot; or
(9) Create or maintain any fire or flame, including fires or flames for cooking or grilling, or to fail to extinguish said fire or flame and to remove from such public transit parking facility all debris and residue associated with the creation and maintenance of said fire or flame.
(b) Any person violating subsection (a) of this Code section shall be subject to a fine levied by the municipality or, in the case of properties located outside the boundaries of a municipality, by the county in which the offense occurs. Such offense shall be cited by the issuance of a written citation which shall be left on the violator's vehicle and which shall contain, at a minimum:
(1) The nature of the violation;
(2) The amount of the fine which will be levied for such violation;
(3) That the cited individual has the right to contest the citation and be given an opportunity to be heard;
(4) The location of the court in which the cited individual must appear within five days of the date of the citation to contest same; and
(5) The location at which fines may be paid.
(c) Nothing in this Code section shall be construed to limit the enforcement of any other provision of state law which may be applicable, including, but not limited to, Part 2 of this article, the “Parking Law For Persons With Disabilities,” and the uniform rules of the road.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 40. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 40-6-208 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-40-motor-vehicles-and-traffic/ga-code-sect-40-6-208.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?