Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The board shall:
(1) Meet at such times and places as it shall determine necessary or convenient to perform its duties. Such board shall also meet upon the call of the chairperson of the board, the chairperson of the council, or the Governor;
(2) Maintain minutes of its meetings;
(3) Promulgate rules with respect to courts receiving criminal case filings electronically and the exchange of data amongst agencies and entities with respect to a criminal case from its inception to its conclusion;
(4) Participate in the development and review of this state's criminal case data exchange and management system;
(5) Using the combined expertise and experience of its members, provide regular advice and counsel to the director of the council to enable the council to carry out its statutory duties under this chapter; and
(6) Carry out such duties that may be required by federal law or regulation so as to enable this state to receive and disburse federal funds for criminal case exchange and management.
(b) Public access to data that are collected or transmitted via the criminal case information exchange shall remain the responsibility of the Georgia Crime Information Center. No release of collected data shall be made by or through the Georgia Technology Authority.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 35. Law Enforcement Officers and Agencies § 35-6A-14 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-35-law-enforcement-officers-and-agencies/ga-code-sect-35-6a-14/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?