Georgia Code Title 34. Labor and Industrial Relations § 34-8-32
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) As used in this chapter, the term “employee leasing company” means an independently established business entity which engages in the business of providing leased employees to any other employing unit under the following conditions:
(1) Negotiates with clients or customers for such matters as time, place, type of work, working conditions, quality, and price of service;
(2) Determines assignments of individuals to its clients or customers, even if the individuals retain the right to refuse specific assignments;
(3) Sets the rate of pay of the individuals, whether or not through negotiation;
(4) Pays the individuals from its accounts; and
(5) Hires and terminates individuals who perform services for the clients or customers.
(b) Individuals performing services for an employee leasing company shall be considered employees of the employee leasing company. The employee leasing company shall file required reports in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Commissioner and pay contributions on wages paid to such employees.
(c) Individuals who perform services for temporary help contracting firms as that term is defined in Code Section 34-8-46 shall not be considered employees of an employee leasing company.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 34. Labor and Industrial Relations § 34-8-32 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-34-labor-and-industrial-relations/ga-code-sect-34-8-32.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?