Georgia Code Title 33. Insurance § 33-63-6
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Guaranteed asset protection waivers must disclose, as applicable, in writing and in clear, understandable language that is easy to read, the following:
(1) The name and address of the initial creditor and the borrower at the time of sale and the identity of any administrator if different from the creditor;
(2) The purchase price and the terms of the guaranteed asset protection waiver, including without limitation the requirements for protection, conditions, or exclusions associated with the guaranteed asset protection waiver;
(3) That the borrower may cancel the guaranteed asset protection waiver within a free look period, as specified in the waiver, and will be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price, provided no benefits have been made; or in the event benefits have been made, the borrower may receive a full or partial refund if the waiver so provides;
(4) The procedure the borrower must follow, if any, to obtain guaranteed asset protection waiver benefits under the terms and conditions of the waiver, including a telephone number and address where the borrower may apply for waiver benefits;
(5) Whether or not the guaranteed asset protection waiver is cancelable after the free look period and the conditions under which it may be canceled or terminated, including the procedures for requesting any refund due;
(6) That in order to receive any refund due in the event of a borrower's cancellation of the guaranteed asset protection waiver agreement or early termination of the finance agreement after the free look period of the guaranteed asset protection waiver, the borrower, in accordance with terms of the waiver, must provide a written request to cancel to the creditor, administrator, or such other party within 90 days after the borrower's decision to cancel the waiver or the occurrence of the event terminating the finance agreement;
(7) The methodology for calculating any refund of the unearned purchase price of the guaranteed asset protection waiver due in the event of cancellation of the guaranteed asset protection waiver or early termination of the finance agreement; and
(8) That neither the extension of credit, the terms of the credit, nor the terms of the related motor vehicle sale or lease may be conditioned upon the purchase of the guaranteed asset protection waiver.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 33. Insurance § 33-63-6 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-33-insurance/ga-code-sect-33-63-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?