Georgia Code Title 33. Insurance § 33-52-6
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Georgia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Commissioner shall approve or disapprove the entire assumption reinsurance transaction. The following items shall be submitted to the Commissioner:
(1) A detailed statement explaining the reason or reasons for the transfer;
(2) The assumption reinsurance agreement;
(3) The certificate of assumption;
(4) If either the ceding company or the assuming company is not domiciled in Georgia, copies of the approvals of the entire transaction by the insurance supervisory officials of the states of domicile of the ceding and assuming insurers; and
(5) A statement as to what provision has been made for servicing those policyholders who have rejected the transfer. However, the Commissioner may permit 100 percent reinsurance without novation of these risks with the servicing of those policyholders to be done by the assuming company or may order the transfer and novation of all of the contracts of insurance under the assumption reinsurance agreement.
(b) When seeking the Commissioner's approval of an assumption of a participating business by a stock or mutual company, the applicant should address the disposition of the accumulated surplus connected with the block of business and the level of future dividends.
(c) If protection under the Georgia Insurers Insolvency Pool, the Georgia Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association, or a similar state guaranty association or insolvency pool will be lost or reduced, the Commissioner shall not approve the assumption of any policy unless the transfer of policies is in the best interest of the policyholders.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Georgia Code Title 33. Insurance § 33-52-6 - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ga/title-33-insurance/ga-code-sect-33-52-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?