Any person who knowingly and willfully:
(1) Signs any nomination petition without having the qualifications prescribed by this chapter;
(2) Sets any false statement opposite the signature on a nomination petition;
(3) Signs more nomination petitions than permitted by this chapter;
(4) Makes a false statement in any affidavit required by this chapter to be appended to or to accompany a nomination petition;
(5) Signs any name not his or her own to any nomination petition; or
(6) Materially alters any nomination petition without the consent of the signers
shall be guilty of a felony.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.