Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) In addition to any other insurance requirements, each nonpublic sector bus must carry:
(a) Proof of ability to respond in damages for liability on account of accidents arising out of the use of the nonpublic sector bus:
1. In the amount of $100,000 because of bodily injury to, or death of, one person in any accident;
2. Subject to such limits for one person, in the amount of $300,000 because of bodily injury to, or death of, two or more persons in any one accident; and
3. In the amount of $50,000 because of injury to, or destruction of, property of others in any one accident; or
(b) A policy of insurance providing for bodily liability insurance and property damage liability in a sum of not less than $300,000.
(2) School buses subject to the provisions of chapter 1006 or s. 316.615 are exempt from the provisions of this section.
(3) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Florida Statutes Title XXXVII. Insurance § 627.742. Nonpublic sector buses; additional liability insurance coverage - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/fl/title-xxxvii-insurance/fl-st-sect-627-742.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.