Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in ss. 377.801-377.804, the term:
(1) “Act” means the Florida Energy and Climate Protection Act.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(3) “Person” means an individual, partnership, joint venture, private or public corporation, association, firm, public service company, or any other public or private entity.
(4) “Renewable energy” means electrical, mechanical, or thermal energy produced from a method that uses one or more of the following fuels or energy sources: hydrogen, biomass, as defined in s. 366.91, solar energy, geothermal energy, wind energy, ocean energy, waste heat, or hydroelectric power.
(5) “Renewable energy technology” means any technology that generates or utilizes a renewable energy resource.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Florida Statutes Title XXVIII. Natural Resources; Conservation, Reclamation, and Use § 377.803. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/fl/title-xxviii-natural-resources-conservation-reclamation-and-use/fl-st-sect-377-803/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.