Delaware Code Title 7. Conservation § 9206. Financial assurance

<Text of section effective upon promulgation of regulations by the Secretary pursuant to 7 Del.C. § 9203(c) .>

(a) Within 60 days from the transfer of an establishment or the start up of a new establishment, the owner or operator shall provide to the Department evidence of financial assurance in accordance with the regulations promulgated pursuant to this chapter.  Evidence of financial assurance must be in a sufficient form and amount necessary to insure that, upon termination, abandonment, or liquidation of all activities at the establishment that all appropriate means are taken to stabilize and secure the establishment, including but not limited to those activities as set forth in § 9205(b) of this title.

(b) The Department shall promulgate regulations containing requirements for maintaining evidence of financial assurance as deemed necessary with respect to the size of the establishment and the quantities of chemicals maintained and generated as wastes thereon, needed to stabilize and secure the facility, taking into account, and giving due credit for, financial assurance established through other Department programs.  Evidence of financial assurance may include, but not be limited to, insurance, guarantee, surety bond, letter of credit, proof of assets, qualification as a self-insurer, or other agreements acceptable to the Secretary.

(c) For the purposes of this section, an owner or operator does not mean the federal government, federal or state agencies, counties or municipalities.

Cite this article: - Delaware Code Title 7. Conservation § 9206. Financial assurance - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard