Delaware Code Title 29. State Government § 10209. Committee responsibilities and duties
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Committee should try to give 2 weeks' notice to an agency under review of dates scheduled for Committee meetings, public hearings, and other related assemblages; however, lack of notice does not affect the lawfulness of the Committee's activities or decisions.
(b) To review an agency, the Committee shall do all of the following:
(1) Direct staff to prepare a draft report to be used in public hearings.
a. Following review and comment by the Committee, the draft report must be made available to the public.
b. The draft report must contain information that assists the Committee in conducting a review of the agency and meeting its requirements under this section, including background information on and an introductory analysis of the information submitted by the agency under review, together with any preliminary evaluations or recommendations arising from the information in the draft report.
(2) Conduct a thorough review of all information furnished to the Committee by the agency under review.
(3) Obtain, verify, and review any reports, audits, or actions taken by other state agencies concerning the agency under review.
(4) Conduct a performance evaluation of the agency under review based, at least in part, on the following criteria:
a. If the agency is a licensing agency, the extent to which the agency has permitted qualified applicants to be licensed.
b. The extent to which the agency has served the public interests.
c. The extent to which the agency has recommended statutory changes, and whether those changes directly benefit the public or whether those changes primarily benefit the agency or other entities, and are of only indirect benefit to the public.
(5) Review the implementation of recommendations contained in the final reports presented, under § 10213 of this title, to the General Assembly and the Governor during previous legislative sessions.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 29. State Government § 10209. Committee responsibilities and duties - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-29-state-government/de-code-sect-29-10209.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?