Delaware Code Title 24. Professions and Occupations § 1105. Dental Hygiene Advisory Committee
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) There is created a State Dental Hygiene Advisory Committee which shall serve the Board on matters pertaining to the policy and practice of dental hygiene.
(b) The Committee shall consist of 3 licensed dental hygienists, appointed by the Governor, who are residents of this State and who have been actively practicing dental hygiene in this State for 2 years immediately preceding appointment to the Committee.
(1) No person shall be eligible for appointment to the Committee who is in any manner connected with or who has an interest in any dental hygiene college or the dental hygiene department of any college or university or any commercial dental enterprise.
(2) Each member shall serve a term of 3 years and remain eligible to participate in proceedings unless and until replaced by the Governor.
(3) All terms shall be staggered so that 1 new member is added and 1 member is retired each year.
(4) A member of the Committee shall be suspended or removed by the Governor for misfeasance, nonfeasance, malfeasance, misconduct, incompetency or neglect of duty.
(5) No member of the Committee shall hold elective office in any professional association of dental hygienists.
(6) Each member of the Committee shall be reimbursed, according to the policy of the Division of Professional Regulation, for all expenses involved in each meeting, including travel; and in addition, shall receive $50 for each meeting attended but not more than $500 in any calendar year. After 10 meetings have been attended, the member shall not be compensated for any subsequent meetings attended in that year.
(7) No 2 dental hygienists from the same practice may serve on the Advisory Committee at the same time.
(c) The Committee shall participate with members of the Board in:
(1) Voting on the qualifications of candidates who apply for licensure to practice dental hygiene;
(2) Voting on the composition of the state dental hygiene clinical/practical examination;
(3) Voting on the requirements for renewal of dental hygiene licenses;
(4) Voting on disciplinary actions involving hygienists; and
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 24. Professions and Occupations § 1105. Dental Hygiene Advisory Committee - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-24-professions-and-occupations/de-code-sect-24-1105.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?