Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The Department may, in its discretion, grant temporary or limited registration permits, in no case to be valid for more than 15 days, and may issue appropriate certificates or other evidence therefor as listed below:
(1) When application for a certificate of title has been made accompanied by the proper fee, a temporary permit without additional fee may be issued pending action upon such application by the Department;
(2) During suspension of registration because of failure of the vehicle upon inspection to meet the legal performance requirements or equipment standards, a temporary permit without additional fee may be issued to allow the vehicle to be driven away to be repaired and returned for inspection or to be driven to a storage place;
(3) When a registration has expired, a temporary permit may be issued upon the payment of a fee of $20 in addition to the regular fee for reregistration so that the vehicle may be driven to a place for repair, if necessary, and to an inspection station preparatory to reregistration;
(4) For the movement of unregistered vehicles by persons entitled to move the same, when it is not proposed to secure a certificate of title or a transfer of title to such vehicle, a temporary permit may be issued for which a fee of $20 shall be charged;
(5) For moving vehicles of which the ownership has been transferred by process of law as provided in §§ 2501-2507 of this title, a permit may be issued without charge.
(6) Trip permit registrations pursuant to the International Registration Plan, as authorized in Chapter 4 of this title, may be issued for any vehicle or combination of vehicles which could lawfully operate in this State if full registration or proportional registration were obtained. A permit for this purpose shall be valid for 3 days, including the day issued, for which a fee of $15 shall be charged.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 21. Motor Vehicles § 2103. Temporary registration permits - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-21-motor-vehicles/de-code-sect-21-2103.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?