(a) When the Governor has determined that it is in the best interest of the State, the Governor by order may:
(1) Call out any unit or units, member or members of the Delaware National Guard to serve in a state duty status to respond to any emergency situation.
(2) Call out any member or members of the Delaware National Guard to serve on state duty status to plan for any impending emergency.
(3) Call out any unit or units, member or members of the Delaware National Guard to serve on state duty for an emergency or impending emergency to fulfill obligations under any interstate emergency agreements or compacts; and such troops may be employed within or outside of Delaware as required by the agreement or compact.
(4) Call out units or members of the Delaware National Guard for training or other nonemergency function as deemed appropriate subject to funding availability.
(5) Call out any member sentenced to incarceration by a general or special court-martial to state active duty with no pay for the duration of the confinement pursuant to § 155 of this title.
(b) The Governor shall serve as commander-in-chief of the Delaware National Guard when it is not in federal service.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.