Delaware Code Title 12. Decedents' Estates and Fiduciary Relations § 49A-215. Retirement plans
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) In this section, “retirement plan” means a plan or account created by an employer, the principal, or another individual to provide qualified or nonqualified retirement benefits or deferred compensation of which the principal is a participant, beneficiary, or owner, including, but not limited to, a plan or account under the following sections of the Internal Revenue Code:
(8) A plan under an Internal Revenue Code section which did not exist at the time the personal power of attorney was executed.
(b) Unless the personal power of attorney otherwise provides, language in a personal power of attorney granting general authority with respect to retirement plans authorizes the agent to:
(1) Select the form and timing of payments under a retirement plan and withdraw benefits from a plan;
(2) Make a rollover, including a direct trustee-to-trustee rollover, of benefits from 1 retirement plan to another;
(3) Establish a retirement plan in the principal's name;
(4) Make contributions to a retirement plan;
(5) Exercise investment powers available under a retirement plan; and
(6) Borrow from, sell assets to, or purchase assets from a retirement plan.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 12. Decedents' Estates and Fiduciary Relations § 49A-215. Retirement plans - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-12-decedents-estates-and-fiduciary-relations/de-code-sect-12-215.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?