Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Mayor shall establish a curb loading zone management program (“program”). The purpose of the program is to increase availability and efficiency of curb loading zones and reduce double parking by loading vehicles. The Mayor shall submit rules for this program to the Council pursuant to § 50-2652. The program rules may include:
(1) Establishing loading zone meter fees;
(2) Determining minimum curb loading zone space requirements;
(3) Providing for enhanced enforcement, which may include the following:
(A) Increased fines for violations;
(B) Dedicated enforcement personnel;
(C) Improved signage; and
(D) Automated enforcement;
(4) Determining eligibility for use of curb loading zones;
(5) Providing for electronic payment cards; and
(6) Establishing requirements for monitoring loading zone performance and for adjusting meter rates, loading zone space requirements, and enforcement to improve performance.
(b) The Mayor shall consult with business organizations, residents, and other appropriate stakeholders in developing the curb loading zone management program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division VIII. General Laws. § 50-2651. Curb loading zone management program. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-viii-general-laws/dc-code-sect-50-2651.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?