A personal mobility device shall not be operated:
(1) In the District if it has not been validly registered, unless it is validly registered in another jurisdiction, when required by applicable law of that jurisdiction, and bears readily visible evidence of being registered.
(2) By a person under 16 years of age;
(3) Above the maximum speed limit of 10 miles per hour;
(4) Upon a sidewalk within the Central Business District, as defined by section 9901 of Title 18 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations ( 18 DCMR § 9901 );
(5) By a person carrying any package, bundle, or other article that hinders the person from keeping both hands on the handlebars; or
(6) On any roadway or sidewalk while the person is wearing a headset, headphone, or earphone, unless the device is used to improve the hearing of a person with a hearing impairment or covers or is inserted in one ear only.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division VIII. General Laws. § 50-2201.04a. Operation of personal mobility devices. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-viii-general-laws/dc-code-sect-50-2201-04a.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.