Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) If a support order becomes enforceable by withholding pursuant to § 46-207(d), the IV-D agency shall send a notice of withholding to the obligor and shall certify the date the notice is mailed.
(b) The notice of withholding to the obligor shall include the following:
(1) Notice that withholding has commenced;
(2) A statement of any arrearage that has accrued, the amount of the support obligation that is accruing, and the periodic amount required to be paid in the future;
(3) A statement of the amount of the obligor's earnings or other income that shall be withheld;
(4) A statement that the withholding shall apply to any current and subsequent employer or period of employment;
(5) A statement that the obligor has the right to object to the withholding, a statement of the procedures available for objecting to the withholding, and a statement that the only basis for objecting to the withholding is a mistake of fact as defined in § 46-210(c);
(6) A statement of the actions that will be taken if the obligor objects to the withholding; and
(7) A statement of the information given to the holder pursuant to § 46-211.
(c) The IV-D agency shall send the notice of withholding to the obligor within 15 days after serving the order to withhold on the holder.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division VIII. General Laws. § 46-209. Notice of withholding to the obligor. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-viii-general-laws/dc-code-sect-46-209.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?