District of Columbia Code Division VII. Property. § 41-312. Reporting requirements.
Search District of Columbia Code
By January 1, 2016, and on an annual basis thereafter, the Metropolitan Police Department and the Office of the Attorney General shall file with the Council of the District of Columbia and publish on their websites a report providing the following information for the preceding year:
(1) The number of seizures and the number of forfeitures, by type of property seized;
(2) The total quantity of each type of property seized and of each type of property forfeited;
(3) The number of seizures and the number of forfeitures by type of asserted violation of District law that gave rise to the seizure or forfeiture;
(4) The number of libels of information that were filed under § 41-307 , by outcome;
(5) The number of times the District exercised its authority pursuant to § 41-305(c) and determined the property to be forfeitable and the number of times the District determined the property was not forfeitable;
(6) The number of seizures where the District either did not file a libel of information pursuant to § 41-307 or withdrew a libel of information, excluding seizures where the District had the authority to determine forfeitures pursuant to § 41-305(c) ;
(7) The number of settlements reached between the District and an owner, pursuant to § 41-306(d) ;
(8) Amount of currency received from forfeiture listed separately according to the provision of the District of Columbia law that gave rise to the forfeiture;
(9) Gross and net proceeds received from forfeiture, listed separately according to the provision of District law giving rise to the forfeiture;
(10) By type of property, the number of seized items determined to be returnable for which the District does not have on file a receipt of return as required by § 41-309(b) ; and
(11) The total quantity of each type of property seized for forfeiture that the District treated as abandoned under §§ 5-119.01 thorough 5-119.19.
Read this complete District of Columbia Code Division VII. Property. § 41-312. Reporting requirements. on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.