Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Prior to issuing a permit for the construction of a commemorative work on public space in the District, the Mayor shall determine that:
(1) The sponsor, site, subject matter, and design of the proposed commemorative work have been approved by the Mayor and Council pursuant to § 9-204.01;
(2) The proposed commemorative work complies with requirements set forth in subchapter I of Chapter 11 of Title 6 and subchapter V of Chapter 1 of Subtitle A of Title 8;
(3) Knowledgeable persons qualified in the field of preservation and maintenance have been consulted to determine structural soundness and durability of the proposed commemorative work;
(4) The sponsor authorized to construct the commemorative work has submitted contract documents for the construction of the commemorative work to the Mayor; and
(5) The sponsor authorized to construct and maintain the commemorative work has sufficient funds to complete construction of the project and to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the commemorative work.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 9-204.17. Issuance of permits. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-9-204-17.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?