Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For the purpose of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “AIDS” means acquired immune deficiency syndrome or any AIDS-related condition.
(2) “Council” means the Council of the District of Columbia.
(3) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Health, established by Reorganization Plan No. 4 of 1966, effective July 17, 1996.
(3A) “Domestic partnership” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 32-701(4).
(4) “Families” means persons who are related by blood, legal custody, marriage, domestic partnership, having a child in common, or who share or have shared for at least 1 year a mutual residence and who maintain or have maintained an intimate relationship rendering the application of this subchapter appropriate.
(5) “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District of Columbia.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 7-1601. Definitions. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-7-1601.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?