Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is established the Foreign-Government-Owned Real Property Task Force (“Task Force”) with the purpose of serving as a collaborative body to address matters relating to real property, including all buildings located on such real property, owned by foreign governments or their instrumentalities.
(b) The Task Force shall meet on a quarterly basis to review and identify issues with real property owned by foreign governments or their instrumentalities to include:
(1) The tax status of such property;
(2) The condition of such property; and
(3) Whether such property is in substantial compliance with District laws and regulations.
(c) The Task Force shall consist of the following members:
(1) Three Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners, each of whom shall be appointed by the Mayor from Advisory Neighborhood Commission (“ANC”) 2B, ANC 2D, ANC 3C, or ANC 3F; provided, that no more than one Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner may be appointed from a single ANC;
(2) The Director of the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, or the Director's designee;
(3) The Deputy Chief Financial Officer for the Office of Tax and Revenue, or the Deputy Chief Financial Officer's designee;
(4) The Director of the Department of Public Works, or the Director's designee;
(5) The Secretary of the District of Columbia, or the Secretary's designee;
(6) The Chairman of the Council, or the Chairman's designee; and
(7) The Director of the United States Department of State's Office of Foreign Missions (“OFM”), or the Director's designee.
(d) The Mayor shall designate one member of the Task Force to serve as its chairperson.
(e) On or before October 1 of each year, the Task Force shall submit to the Mayor, the Council, and OFM a report of its findings and recommendations to address the issues outlined in subsection (b) of this section.
(f) The Task Force shall convene its first meeting no later than 90 days after March 22, 2019.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 6-1331. Foreign-Government-Owned Real Property Task Force. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-6-1331.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?