Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Subject to review and approval by the Mayor under the provisions of §§ 2-1215.04 and 2-1215.05, the formation of the Anacostia BID, which shall include all taxable property within the geographic areas set forth in subsection (b) of this section, is authorized and the BID taxes established in subsection (c) of this section are imposed through the earlier of the expiration date of this subchapter or the termination or dissolution of the BID.
(b) The Anacostia BID shall be comprised of the geographical area which is delineated as follows:
(1) All lots bordering Good Hope Road, S.E., between the Anacostia River and the intersection with 18th Street, S.E.;
(2) All lots bordering Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, S.E., between S Street, S.E., and the intersection with Magnolia Street, S.E.;
(3) All lots bordering Howard Road, S.E., between Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, S.E., and the intersection with Anacostia Drive, S.E.;
(4) All lots bordering Anacostia Drive, S.E., between Howard Road, S.E., and the intersection with Good Hope Road, S.E.; and
(5) All lots bordering Shannon Place, S.E., between U Street, S.E., and Chicago Street, S.E.
(c) The BID taxes for the taxable properties in the Anacostia BID shall not exceed $0.19 per $100.00 of assessed value.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 2-1215.59. Anacostia BID. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-2-1215-59.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?