Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In general. -- Amounts in the Trust Fund shall be used:
(1) To make Federal benefit payments under this chapter;
(2) subject to subsection (b)(1)of this section, to cover the reasonable and necessary expenses of administering the Trust Fund under the contract entered into pursuant to § 1-807.05(b);
(3) To cover the reasonable and necessary administrative expenses incurred by the Secretary in carrying out the Secretary's responsibilities under this chapter; and
(4) For such other purposes as are specified in this chapter.
(b) Special rules regarding administrative expenses. --
(1) Budgeting; certification and approval. -- The administrative expenses of the Trust Fund shall be paid in accordance with an annual budget set forth by the Trustee which shall be subject to certification and approval by the Secretary.
(2) Use of District Retirement Fund for interim administration. -- The Secretary is authorized to requisition from the District Retirement Fund such sums as are necessary to administer the Trust Fund (including expenses described in § 1-809.01(b)) until assets are transferred to the Trust Fund pursuant to § 1-807.03.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 1-807.02. Uses of amounts in Trust Fund. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-1-807-02.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?