District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 1-610.81. Definitions.
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search District of Columbia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) “Apprentice” means an employee of a District agency who is employed in an apprenticeship program.
(2) “Apprenticeable occupation” means an occupation title included in the most recent version of the U.S. Department of Labor's List of Occupations Officially Recognized as Apprenticeable by the Office of Apprenticeship.
(3) “Apprenticeship” means an employment position in the District government that is part of an apprenticeship program.
(4) “Apprenticeship program” means an employment program in the District government established pursuant to this subchapter, which combines on-the-job training with classroom instruction to prepare employees for a career in a particular occupation.
(5) “Apprenticeship sponsor” means the entity responsible for registering an apprenticeship program with OAIT.
(6) “DCHR” means the District of Columbia Department of Human Resources.
(7) “DOES” means the Department of Employment Services.
(8) “Host agency” means the District government agency that employs an apprentice.
(9) “Initiative” means the District of Columbia Government Apprenticeship Initiative established by § 1-610.82.
(10) “Life skills training” means age-appropriate, non-technical skills training that helps individuals succeed in the workplace and includes training on communication, time management, appropriate work attire, and conflict resolution, and education on workplace drug testing.
(11) “OAIT” means DOES's Office of Apprenticeship, Information and Training.
(12) “Related technical instruction” means academic instruction, as required by approved apprenticeship standards, that supplements the concepts and processes of on-the-job learning in an apprenticeship program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 1-610.81. Definitions. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-1-610-81.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?