The following charitable organizations that engage in solicitation shall not be subject to the provisions of sections 21a-190b and 21a-190c , provided each such organization, prior to conducting any solicitation or prior to having any solicitation conducted on behalf of others, shall submit such information as the department may require to substantiate an exemption under this section in a form prescribed by the commissioner:
(1) Any duly organized religious corporation, institution or society;
(2) Any parent-teacher association or educational institution, the curricula of which in whole or in part are registered or approved by any state or the United States either directly or by acceptance of accreditation by an accrediting body;
(3) Any nonprofit hospital licensed in accordance with the provisions of section 19a-630 or any similar provision of the laws of any other state;
(4) Any governmental unit or instrumentality of any state or the United States;
(5) Any person who solicits solely for the benefit of organizations described in subdivisions (1) to (4), inclusive, of this section; and
(6) Any charitable organization which normally receives less than fifty thousand dollars in contributions annually, provided such organization does not compensate any person primarily to conduct solicitations.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.