(1) As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) “Director” means the director of the division.
(b) Deleted by Laws 2016, Ch. 266, § 2, eff. Aug. 10, 2016.
(c) “Employer” means a person or entity that:
(I) Transacts business in Colorado;
(II) At any time, employs another person to perform services of any nature; and
(III) Has control of the payment of wages for such services or is the officer, agent, or employee of the person or entity having control of the payment of wages.
(d) Deleted by Laws 2016, Ch. 266, § 2, eff. Aug. 10, 2016.
(2) Deleted by Laws 2016, Ch. 266, § 2, eff. Aug. 10, 2016.
(3) Upon the request of the director, an employer shall submit documentation to the director that demonstrates that the employer is in compliance with the employment verification requirements specified in 8 U.S.C. sec. 1324a(b) . The director or the director's designee may conduct random audits of employers in Colorado to obtain the documentation. When the director has reason to believe that an employer has not complied with the employment verification and examination requirements, the director shall request the employer to submit the documentation.
(4) Deleted by Laws 2016, Ch. 266, § 2, eff. Aug. 10, 2016.
(5) It is the public policy of Colorado that this section shall be enforced without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity, national origin, or disability.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.