Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) No commercial telephone seller shall conduct business in this state without having registered with the attorney general at least ten days prior to the conduct of such business. Individual employees of the commercial telephone seller are not required to register. A commercial telephone seller conducts business in this state if the telephone solicitations of prospective purchasers are made from locations in this state or solicitation is made of prospective purchasers located in this state.
(2) A registration shall be effective for one year after the date of filing with the attorney general. Each application for registration or renewal thereof shall be accompanied by a filing fee, determined and collected by the attorney general, but such filing fee shall not exceed two hundred fifty dollars for an application for registration or one hundred dollars for an application for renewal.
(3) Whenever, prior to expiration of a commercial telephone seller's annual registration, there is a material change in the information required by subsection (5) of this section, the seller shall, within ten days, file an addendum updating the information with the attorney general.
(4) Each application for registration shall be in writing and shall contain such information regarding the conduct of the commercial telephone seller's business and the personnel conducting the business as is required by law. The application shall be submitted on a form provided by the attorney general and shall be verified by a declaration signed by each principal of the commercial telephone seller under penalty of perjury. The declaration shall specify the date and location of signing. The information submitted pursuant to this section shall be available for public inspection.
(5) Each application for registration or renewal pursuant to this section shall contain the following information:
(a) The name or names of the commercial telephone seller, including all names under which the commercial telephone seller is doing or intends to do business, if different from the name of the seller, and the name of any parent or affiliated organization;
(b) The seller's business form and the date and place of organization;
(c) The complete street addresses of all locations from which the commercial telephone seller is or will be conducting business, including a designation of the seller's principal business location;
(d) A listing of all telephone numbers, including pay-per-call numbers, to be used by the commercial telephone seller;
(e) The name, residential address, and position held by each principal of the commercial telephone seller and the names, residential addresses, and positions of those persons who have management responsibilities in connection with the commercial telephone seller's business activities;
(f) A description of the goods, services, property, or extension of credit the commercial telephone seller is offering for sale and a copy of all sales scripts the commercial telephone seller requires salespersons to use when soliciting prospective purchasers, or, if no sales script is required to be used, a description of the sales presentation;
(g) All rules, regulations, terms, restrictions, and conditions to receiving any prize, bonus, award, gift, or premium, if applicable, including a description of each prize, bonus, award, gift, or premium, and the actual or approximate odds of a purchaser's receiving such prize, bonus, award, gift, or premium;
(h) A copy or representative sample of all written materials the seller sends to any purchaser;
(i) Such additional information regarding the conduct of the commercial telephone seller's business and the personnel conducting the business as may reasonably be required by the attorney general.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 6. Consumer and Commercial Affairs § 6-1-303. Registration of commercial telephone sellers - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-6-consumer-and-commercial-affairs/co-rev-st-sect-6-1-303.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.