Colorado Revised Statutes Title 31. Government Municipal § 31-23-210. Publicity--travel--information--entry

The commission has power to promote public interest in and understanding of the plan and to that end may publish and distribute copies of the plan or any report and may employ such other means of publicity and education as it may determine.  Members of the commission may attend city planning conferences, meetings of city planning institutes, or hearings upon pending municipal planning legislation, and the commission may pay, by resolution, the reasonable traveling expenses incident to such attendance.  The commission shall recommend, from time to time, to the appropriate public officials programs for public structures and improvements and for the financing thereof.  It shall be part of its duties to consult and advise with public officials and agencies, public utility companies, civic, educational, professional, and other organizations, and with citizens in relation to protecting and carrying out the plan.  The commission has the right to accept and use gifts for the exercise of its functions.  All public officials shall furnish to the commission, upon request, within a reasonable length of time, such available information as the commission may require for its work.  The commission and its members, officers, and employees, in the performance of their functions, may enter upon any land and make examinations and surveys and place and maintain necessary marks and monuments thereon.  In general, the commission has such powers as are necessary to enable it to fulfill its functions, to promote municipal planning, or to carry out the purposes of this part 2.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard