Colorado Revised Statutes Title 29 Government Local § 29-5-301 Definitions
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
As used in this part 3, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Employer” means a municipality, special district, fire authority, or county improvement district that employs one or more firefighters. “Employer” does not include a power authority created pursuant to section 29-1-204 or a municipally owned utility.
(2) “Firefighter” means a full-time, active employee of an employer who regularly works at least one thousand six hundred hours in any calendar year and whose duties are directly involved with the provision of fire protection services.
(3) “Heart and circulatory malfunction” means a sudden and serious malfunction of the heart and circulatory system as occurs in a diagnosis of coronary thrombosis, cerebral vascular accident, myocardial infarction, or cardiac arrest and that meets the requirements of section 29-5-302(6) . “Heart and circulatory malfunction” does not include hypertension or angina.
(4) “Volunteer firefighter” means a volunteer firefighter as defined in section 31-30-1102, C.R.S .
(5) “Work event” means stressful or strenuous activity related to fire suppression, rescue, hazardous material response, emergency medical services, disaster relief, or other emergency response activity. “Work event” includes a training activity that a firefighter engages in while on duty and that involves stressful or strenuous activity.
Read this complete Colorado Revised Statutes Title 29 Government Local § 29-5-301 Definitions on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.