Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-8-615. Retaliation against a judge

(1)(a) An individual commits retaliation against a judge if the individual makes a credible threat, as defined in section 18-3-602(2)(b) , or commits an act of harassment, as defined in section 18-9-111(1) , or an act of harm or injury upon a person or property as retaliation or retribution against a judge, which action is directed against or committed upon:

(I) A judge who has served or is serving in a legal matter assigned to the judge involving the individual or a person on whose behalf the individual is acting;

(II) A member of the judge's family;

(III) A person in close relationship to the judge;  or

(IV) A person residing in the same household with the judge.

(b) An individual commits retaliation against a judge by means of a credible threat as described in paragraph (a) of this subsection (1) if the individual knowingly makes the credible threat:

(I) Directly to the judge;  or

(II) To another person:

(A) If the individual intended that the communication would be relayed to the judge;  or

(B) If the other person is required by statute or ethical rule to report the communication to the judge.

(2) Retaliation against a judge is a class 4 felony.

(3) As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires, “judge” means any justice of the supreme court, judge of the court of appeals, district court judge, juvenile court judge, probate court judge, water court judge, county court judge, district court magistrate, county court magistrate, municipal judge, administrative law judge, or unemployment insurance hearing officer.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.