Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18 Criminal Code § 18-55-101 Definitions
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Authorization” means the express consent of a person which may include an employee's job description to use said person's computer, computer network, computer program, computer software, computer system, property, or services as those terms are defined in this section.
(2) “Computer” means an electronic, magnetic, optical, electromagnetic, or other data processing device which performs logical, arithmetic, memory, or storage functions by the manipulations of electronic, magnetic, radio wave, or light wave impulses, and includes all input, output, processing, storage, software, or communication facilities which are connected or related to or operating in conjunction with such a device.
(3) “Computer network” means the interconnection of communication lines (including microwave or other means of electronic communication) with a computer through remote terminals, or a complex consisting of two or more interconnected computers.
(4) “Computer program” means a series of instructions or statements, in a form acceptable to a computer, which permits the functioning of a computer system in a manner designed to provide appropriate products from such computer system.
(5) “Computer software” means computer programs, procedures, and associated documentation concerned with the operation of a computer system.
(6) “Computer system” means a set of related, connected or unconnected, computer equipment, devices, and software.
(6.3) “Damage” includes, but is not limited to, any impairment to the integrity of availability of information, data, computer program, computer software, or services on or via a computer, computer network, or computer system or part thereof.
(6.7) “Exceed authorized access” means to access a computer with authorization and to use such access to obtain or alter information, data, computer program, or computer software that the person is not entitled to so obtain or alter.
(7) “Financial instrument” means any check, draft, money order, certificate of deposit, letter of credit, bill of exchange, credit card, debit card, or marketable security.
(8) “Property” includes, but is not limited to, financial instruments, information, including electronically produced data, and computer software and programs in either machine or human readable form, and any other tangible or intangible item of value.
(9) “Services” includes, but is not limited to, computer time, data processing, and storage functions.
(10) To “use” means to instruct, communicate with, store data in, retrieve data from, or otherwise make use of any resources of a computer, computer system, or computer network.
Read this complete Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18 Criminal Code § 18-55-101 Definitions on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.