As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Consent” has the same meaning as provided in section 18-1-505 .
(2) “Intentionally” or “with intent” has the same meaning as provided in section 18-1-501 .
(3) “Knowingly” has the same meaning as provided in section 18-1-501 .
(4) “Pregnancy”, for purposes of this article only and notwithstanding any other definition or use to the contrary, means the presence of an implanted human embryo or fetus within the uterus of a woman.
(5) “Recklessly” shall have the same meaning as provided in section 18-1-501 .
(6) “Unlawful termination of pregnancy” means the termination of a pregnancy by any means other than birth or a medical procedure, instrument, agent, or drug, for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained, or for which the pregnant woman's consent is implied by law.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.