Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.869.300 Warehouse receipt requirements
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Federal Regulations
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Warehouse receipts may be:
(1) Negotiable or non-negotiable;
(2) For a single unit, multiple units, identity preserved or commingled lot; and
(3) In a paper or electronic format that, besides complying with the requirements of the Act, must be in a format as prescribed in the applicable licensing or provider agreement and authorized by AMS.
(b) The warehouse operator must:
(1) At the request of a depositor of an agricultural product stored or handled in a warehouse licensed under the Act, issue a warehouse receipt to the depositor;
(2) Not issue a warehouse receipt for an agricultural product unless the agricultural product is actually stored in their warehouse at the time of issuance;
(3) Not issue a warehouse receipt until the quality, condition and weight of such an agricultural product is ascertained by a licensed inspector and weigher;
(4) Not directly or indirectly compel or attempt to compel the depositor to request the issuance of a warehouse receipt omitting the statement of quality or condition;
(5) Not issue an additional warehouse receipt under the Act for a specific identity-preserved or commingled agricultural product lot (or any portion thereof) if another warehouse receipt representing the same specific identity-preserved or commingled lot of the agricultural product is outstanding. No two warehouse receipts issued by a warehouse operator may have the same warehouse receipt number or represent the same agricultural product lot;
(6) When issuing a warehouse receipt and purposefully omitting any information, notate the blank to show such intent;
(7) Not deliver any portion of an agricultural product for which they have issued a negotiable warehouse receipt until the warehouse receipt has been surrendered to them and canceled as prescribed in the applicable licensing agreement;
(8) Not deliver more than 90% of the receipted quantity of an agricultural product for which they have issued a non-negotiable warehouse receipt until such warehouse receipt has been surrendered or the depositor or the depositor's agent has provided a written order for the agricultural product and the warehouse receipt surrendered upon final delivery; and
(9) Deliver, upon proper presentation of a warehouse receipt for any agricultural product, and payment or tender of all advances and charges, to the depositor or lawful holder of such warehouse receipt the agricultural product of such identity, quantity, grade and condition as set forth in such warehouse receipt.
(c) In the case of a lost or destroyed warehouse receipt, a new warehouse receipt upon the same terms, subject to the same conditions, and bearing on its face the number and the date of the original warehouse receipt may be issued.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.869.300 Warehouse receipt requirements - last updated October 02, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-869-300.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?