Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.800.198 Contracts
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Federal Regulations
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Services contracted and who may apply. The Service may enter into a contract with any person, State, or governmental agency to perform on an occasional basis:
(1) Specified official sampling, laboratory testing, or other similar objective technical activities involved in the testing of grain for official factors or official criteria, and
(2) Monitoring activities in foreign ports with respect to export grain that has been inspected and weighed under the Act.
(1) Conflict of interest. A person, State or governmental agency with a conflict of interest prohibited by section 11 of the Act or § 800.199 shall not be eligible to enter into a contract with the Service.
(2) Appeal service. An agency or employees of agencies shall not be eligible to enter into a contract with the Service to obtain samples for, or to perform other services involved in appeal inspection or Board appeal inspection services. However, agencies may forward file samples to the Service in accordance with § 800.156(d).
(3) Monitoring services. Agencies, employees of agencies, organizations, employees of organizations, and other persons that regularly provide official services to persons who export grain from the United States are eligible to enter into a contract with the Service to perform monitoring services on export grain in foreign ports only if they are under Service employees' direct supervision during monitoring activities.
(c) When and how to apply. An application for a contractual arrangement shall: (1) Be typewritten or legibly written in English; (2) conform to the invitation to bid or other instructions issued by the Service or be filed on a form furnished by the Service; (3) show or be accompanied by documents which show any information requested by the Service; and (4) be signed by the applicant or its chief operating officer. All contracts shall be issued by the Department and shall follow Departmental procedures.
(d) Termination and renewal. A contract with the Service shall terminate annually unless otherwise provided in the contract. A contract may be renewed in accordance with Departmental procedures.
(e) Cancellation. A contract may, upon request of the governmental agency or person that entered into the contract with the Service, be canceled by the Department in accordance with the terms of the contract or Departmental procedures and regulations.
(The information collection requirements contained in paragraph (c) were approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 0580–0012)
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.800.198 Contracts - last updated October 02, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-800-198.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?