Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.767.101 Leasing real estate inventory property
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Federal Regulations
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Agency may lease real estate inventory property:
(1) To the former owner under the Homestead Protection Program;
(2) To a beginning farmer or socially disadvantaged farmer selected to purchase the property but who was unable to purchase it because of a lack of Agency direct or guaranteed loan funds;
(3) When the Agency is unable to sell the property because of lengthy litigation or appeal processes.
(b) The Agency will lease real estate inventory property in an “as is” condition.
(c) The Agency will lease property for:
(1) Homestead protection in accordance with part 766, subpart D, of this chapter.
(2) A maximum of 18 months to a beginning farmer or socially disadvantaged farmer the Agency selected as purchaser when no Agency loan funds are available; or
(3) The shortest possible duration for all other cases subject to the following:
(i) The maximum lease term for such a lease is 12 months.
(ii) The lease is not subject to renewal or extension.
(d) The lessee may pay:
(1) A lump sum;
(2) On an annual installment basis; or
(3) On a crop-share basis, if the lessee is a beginning farmer or socially disadvantaged farmer under paragraph (a) of this section.
(e) The Agency leases real estate inventory property for a market rent amount charged for similar properties in the area.
(f) The Agency may require the lessee to provide a security deposit.
(g) Only leases to a beginning farmer or socially disadvantaged farmer or Homestead Protection Program participant will contain an option to purchase the property.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.767.101 Leasing real estate inventory property - last updated October 02, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-767-101.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?