Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The NSIIC shall use the Fund to:
(a) Make grants to eligible entities in accordance with a strategic plan submitted under § 63.310 of this part. Specifically, amounts in the Fund may be used to:
(1) Participate with Federal and State agencies in financing activities that are in accordance with the strategic plan, including participation with several States in a regional effort;
(2) Participate with other public and private funding sources in financing activities that are in accordance with the strategic plan, including participation in a regional effort;
(3) Accrue interest;
(4) Serve broad geographic areas and regions of diverse production, to the maximum extent practicable;
(5) Only to supplement and not supplant Federal, State, and private funds expended for rural development;
(6) For administration purposes, with a maximum 10 percent of the NSIIC Fund balance at the beginning of each fiscal year for the administration of the NSIIC;
(b) Provide funds to eligible entities contingent upon that entity agreeing to account for the amounts using generally accepted accounting principles and to provide access to the Secretary for inspection and audit of such records.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.63.301 Use of fund - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-63-301.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?