Skip to main content

Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.1493.490 Proof of entry

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Diversion. The diversion of commodities covered by a SCGP payment guarantee to a country other than that shown on the payment guarantee is prohibited, unless expressly authorized by the GSM.

(b) Records of proof of entry. Exporters must obtain and maintain records of an official or customary commercial nature and grant authorized USDA officials access to such documents or records as may be necessary to demonstrate the arrival of the agricultural commodities exported in connection with the SCGP in the country that was the intended country of destination of such commodities. Records demonstrating proof of entry must be in English or be accompanied by a certified or other translation acceptable to CCC. Records acceptable to meet this requirement include an original certification of entry signed by a duly authorized customs or port official of the importing country, by the importer, by an agent or representative of the vessel or shipline which delivered the agricultural commodity to the importing country, or by a private surveyor in the importing country, or other documentation deemed acceptable by the GSM showing:

(1) That the agricultural commodity entered the importing country;

(2) The identification of the export carrier;

(3) The quantity of the agricultural commodity;

(4) The kind, type, grade and/or class of the agricultural commodity;  and

(5) The date(s) and place(s) of unloading of the agricultural commodity in the importing country. (Records of proof of entry need not be submitted with a claim for loss, except as may be provided in § 1493.500(b)(4)(ii).)

Cite this article: - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.1493.490 Proof of entry - last updated October 03, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard