Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Before nondestructive testing may be conducted to meet § 38.25–1 (a)(4) and (a)(5), the owner shall submit a proposal to the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection for acceptance that includes—
(1) The test methods and procedures to be used, all of which must meet section V of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (1986);
(2) Each location on the tank to be tested; and
(3) The test method and procedure to be conducted at each location on the tank.
(b) If the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection rejects the proposal, the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection informs the owner of the reasons why the proposal is rejected.
(c) If the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection accepts the proposal, then the owner shall ensure that—
(1) The proposal is followed; and
(2) Nondestructive testing is performed by personnel meeting ASNT “Recommended Practice No. SNT–TC–1A (1988), Personnel Qualification and Certification in Nondestructive Testing.”
(d) Within 30 days after completing the nondestructive test, the owner shall submit a written report of the results to the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 46. Shipping § 46.38.25–3 Nondestructive testing—TB/ALL - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-46-shipping/cfr-sect-46-38-25-3.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.