Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Chemical substance and significant new uses subject to reporting.
(1) The chemical substance identified generically as ethanaminium, alkyl-, salt with triazole (PMN P–16–533) is subject to reporting under this section for the significant new uses described in paragraph (a)(2) of this section.
(2) The significant new uses are:
(i) Protection in the workplace. Requirements as specified in § 721.63(a)(1), (a)(2)(i), (ii), (iii), (a)(3), when determining which persons are reasonably likely to be exposed as required for § 721.63(a)(1) engineering control measures (e.g., enclosure or confinement of the operation, general and local ventilation) or administrative control measures (e.g., workplace policies and procedures) shall be considered and implemented to prevent exposure, where feasible, (a)(6)(particulate), (v), (vi), (b)(concentration set 0.1 percent), and (c).
(ii) Hazard communication. Requirements as specified in § 721.72(a) through (e)(concentration set 0.1 percent), (f), (g)(1)(i), (iii), (v), (vii), (ix), (g)(2)(i) through (iii), (v), (g)(3)(i), (ii), (g)(4)(iii), and (g)(5). Alternative hazard and warning statements that meet the criteria of the Globally Harmonized System and OSHA Hazard Communication Standard may be used.
(iii) Industrial, commercial, and consumer activities. Requirements as specified in § 721.80(k) and (q). It is a significant new use to modify the manufacture, process or use activities if it results in inhalation exposure to vapor, dust, mist or aerosols to the substance.
(iv) Release to water. Requirements as specified in § 721.90(a)(1), (b)(1), and (c)(1).
(b) Specific requirements. The provisions of subpart A of this part apply to this section except as modified by this paragraph (b).
(1) Recordkeeping. Recordkeeping requirements as specified in § 721.125(a) through (i) and (k) are applicable to manufacturers and processors of this substance.
(2) Limitations or revocation of certain notification requirements. The provisions of § 721.185 apply to this section.
(3) Determining whether a specific use is subject to this section. The provisions of § 721.1725(b)(1) apply to paragraph (a)(2)(iii) of this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 40. Protection of Environment § 40.721.11105 Ethanaminium, alkyl-, salt with triazole (generic) - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-40-protection-of-environment/cfr-sect-40-721-11105.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?