Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Chemical substance and significant new uses subject to reporting.
(1) The chemical substance identified generically as alkyl alkenoic acid, polymer with alkenylcarbomonocycle telomer with substituted alkanoic acid hydroxyl alkyl substituted alkenyl substituted alkyl ester, polyalkylene glycol alkyl ether alkyl alkenoate, dialkylene glycol diheteromonocyclic ether and alkylcarbomonocyclic alkenoate, metal salt (PMN P–16–534) is subject to reporting under this section for the significant new uses described in paragraph (a)(2) of this section.
(2) The significant new uses are:
(i) Industrial, commercial, and consumer activities. Requirements as specified in § 721.80(f) and (k). It is a significant new use to manufacture the substance such that the lowest number average molecular weight is less than 1,800 daltons and the carboxylic acid content exceeds 20 percent.
(b) Specific requirements. The provisions of subpart A of this part apply to this section except as modified by this paragraph (b).
(1) Recordkeeping. Recordkeeping requirements as specified in § 721.125(a) through (c) and (i) are applicable to manufacturers and processors of this substance.
(2) Limitations or revocation of certain notification requirements. The provisions of § 721.185 apply to this section.
(3) Determining whether a specific use is subject to this section. The provisions of § 721.1725(b)(1) apply to paragraph (a)(2)(iii) of this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 40. Protection of Environment § 40.721.11047 Alkyl alkenoic acid, polymer with alkenylcarbomonocycle telomer with substituted alkanoic acid hydroxyl alkyl substituted alkenyl substituted alkyl ester, polyalkylene glycol alkyl ether alkyl alkenoate, dialkylene glycol diheteromonocyclic ether and alkylcarbomonocyclic alkenoate, metal salt (generic) - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-40-protection-of-environment/cfr-sect-40-721-11047.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?