Skip to main content

Code of Federal Regulations Title 21. Food and Drugs § 21.1.666 How do I request reaccreditation?

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Application following withdrawal. FDA will reinstate the accreditation of a third-party certification body for which it has withdrawn accreditation:

(1) If, in the case of direct accreditation, FDA determines, based on evidence presented by the third-party certification body, that the third-party certification body satisfies the applicable requirements of this subpart and adequate grounds for withdrawal no longer exist;  or

(2) In the case of a third-party certification body accredited by an accreditation body for which recognition has been revoked under § 1.634:

(i) If the third-party certification body becomes accredited by another recognized accreditation body or by FDA through direct accreditation no later than 1 year after withdrawal of accreditation, or the original date of the expiration of accreditation, whichever comes first;  or

(ii) Under such conditions as FDA may impose in withdrawing accreditation.

(b) Application following voluntary relinquishment. A third-party certification body that previously relinquished its accreditation under § 1.665 may seek accreditation by submitting a new application for accreditation under § 1.660 or, where applicable, § 1.670.

Cite this article: - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21. Food and Drugs § 21.1.666 How do I request reaccreditation? - last updated October 02, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard