Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) OWCP shall give notice of the exclusion of a physician, hospital or provider of medical services or supplies to:
(1) All OWCP district offices;
(3) All employees who are known to have had treatment, services or supplies from the excluded provider within the six-month period immediately preceding the order of exclusion; and
(4) The state or local authority responsible for licensing or certifying the excluded provider.
(b) Notwithstanding any exclusion of a physician, hospital, or provider of medical services or supplies under this subpart, OWCP shall not refuse an employee reimbursement for any otherwise reimbursable medical treatment, service or supply if:
(1) Such treatment, service or supply was rendered in an emergency by an excluded physician; or
(2) The employee could not reasonably have been expected to know of such exclusion.
(c) An employee who is notified that his or her attending physician has been excluded shall have a new right to select a qualified physician.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 20. Employees' Benefits § 20.30.725 What are the effects of non-automatic exclusion? - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-20-employees-benefits/cfr-sect-20-30-725.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?