Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A notice of intent to construct a qualifying conduit hydropower facility submitted under this subpart must contain the following:
(1) An introductory statement as described in paragraph (b) of this section;
(2) A statement that the proposed project will use the hydroelectric potential of a non-federally owned conduit as set forth in paragraph (c) of this section;
(3) A statement that the proposed facility has not been licensed or exempted from the licensing requirements of Part I of the FPA, on or before August 9, 2013, as set forth in in paragraph (d) of this section;
(4) A description of the proposed facility as set forth in paragraph (e) of this section;
(5) Project drawings as set forth in paragraph (f) of this section;
(6) If applicable, the preliminary permit project number for the proposed facility; and,
(7) Verification as set forth in paragraph (g) of this section.
(b) Introductory statement. The introductory statement must be set forth in the following format:
BEFORE THE FEDERAL ENERGY REGULATORY COMMISSION
NOTICE OF INTENT TO CONSTRUCT QUALIFYING CONDUIT HYDROPOWER FACILITY
[Name of applicant] applies to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for a determination that the [facility name] is a qualifying conduit hydropower facility, meeting the requirements of section 30(a) of the Federal Power Act, as amended.
The location of the facility is:
State or Territory: _____
Township or nearby town: _____
Water source: _____
The exact name and business address of the applicant(s) are:
Applicant's Name: _____
Telephone Number: _____
Email Address: _____
The exact name and business address of each person authorized to act as an agent for the applicant(s) in this notice of intent are:
Name of Agent: _____
Telephone Number: _____
Email Address: _____
[Name of applicant] is [a citizen of the United States, an association of citizens of the United States, a municipality, State, or a corporation incorporated under the laws of (specify the United States or the state of incorporation), as appropriate].
(c) Non-Federal Conduit Statement. The non-federal conduit statement must be set forth in the following format:
The [facility name] will use the hydroelectric potential of a non-federally owned conduit.
(d) Original facility statement. The original facility statement must be set forth in the following format:
The [facility name] has not been licensed or exempted from the licensing requirements of Part I of the FPA, on or before August 9, 2013, the date of enactment of the Hydropower Regulatory Efficiency Act.
(e) Description of proposed facility. Description of proposed facility must include:
(1) A detailed description of any conduits and associated consumptive water supply facilities, intake facilities, powerhouses, and any other structures associated with the facility;
(2) The purposes for which the conduit is used;
(3) The number, type, generating capacity (kW or MW), and estimated average annual generation (kWh or MWh) of the generating units and brief description of any plans for future units; and,
(4) A description of the nature and extent of the dam that would occur in association with construction of the proposed qualifying conduit hydroelectric facility, including a statement of the normal maximum surface area and normal maximum surface elevation of any existing impoundment before and after that construction; and any evidence that the construction of the dam would occur for agricultural, municipal, or industrial consumptive purposes even if the hydropower generating facilities were not installed.
(f) Drawings, maps, diagrams. Include a set of drawings/maps/diagrams showing the structures and equipment of the hydropower facility in relation to the existing conduit. Drawings of the facility must include:
(1) A Plan View (overhead view) drawing of the proposed hydropower facilities, which includes the following:
(i) The hydropower facilities, including all intake and discharge pipes, and how those pipes connect to the conduit;
(ii) The portion of the conduit in proximity to the facilities on which the hydropower facilities will be located;
(iii) The dimensions (e.g., length, width, diameter) of all facilities, intakes, discharges, and conduits;
(iv) Identification of facilities as either existing or proposed;
(v) The flow direction labelled on all intakes, discharges, and conduits; and,
(2) A Location Map showing the facilities and their relationship to the nearest town, which includes the following:
(i) The powerhouse location labeled, and its latitude and longitude identified; and,
(ii) The nearest town, if possible, or other permanent monuments or objects, such as roads or other structures that can be easily noted on the map and identified in the field.
(3) If a dam would be constructed in association with the facility, a profile drawing showing the conduit, and not the dam, creates the hydroelectric potential.
(g) Verification. Provide verification using either a sworn, notarized statement set forth in paragraph (g)(1) of this section or an unsworn statement set forth in paragraph (g)(2) of this section.
(1) As to any facts alleged in the notice of intent to construct or other materials filed, be subscribed and verified under oath in the form set forth below by the person filing, an officer thereof, or other person having knowledge of the matters set forth. If the subscription and verification is by anyone other than the person filing or an officer thereof, it shall include a statement of the reasons therefor.
This (notice of intent to construct, etc.) is executed in the:
State of: _____
County of: _____
being duly sworn, depose(s) and say(s) that the contents of this (notice of intent to construct, etc.) are true to the best of (his or her) knowledge or belief. The undersigned applicant(s) has (have) signed the (notice of intent to construct, etc.) this _____day of _____, 20__.
Subscribed and sworn to before me, a _____ [Notary Public, or title of other official authorized by the state to notarize documents, as appropriate] of the State of _____this day of _____, 20__.
(Notary Public, or other authorized official)
(2) I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on _____[date].
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 18. Conservation of Power and Water Resources § 18.4.401 Contents of notice of intent to construct a qualifying conduit hydropower facility - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-18-conservation-of-power-and-water-resources/cfr-sect-18-4-401.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.