Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.503.36 State or local requirements
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Federal Regulations
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Eligibility. Section 212(b) of the Act provides for an exemption due to certain State or local requirements. To qualify a petitioner must certify that:
(1) With respect to the proposed site of the unit, the operation or construction of the new unit using an alternate fuel is infeasible because of a State or local requirement other than a building code, nuisance, or zoning law;
(2) The petitioner has made a good faith effort to obtain a variance from the State or local requirement but has been unable to do so or has demonstrated why none is available;
(3) The granting of the exemption would be in the public interest and would be consistent with the purposes of the Act;
(4) The petitioner is not entitled to an exemption for lack of alternate fuel supply, site limitation, environmental requirements, or inability to obtain adequate capital at the site of the proposed powerplant or at any reasonable alternative site for the alternate fuel(s) considered;
(5) At the proposed site and every reasonable alternative site where the petitioner is not entitled to an exemption for lack of alternate fuel supply, site limitation, environmental requirements, or inability to obtain adequate capital, the petitioner nevertheless would be barred at each such proposed or alternate site from burning an alternate fuel by reason of a State or local requirement;
(6) No alternate power supply exists, as required under § 503.8 of these regulations; and
(7) Use of mixtures is not feasible, as required under § 503.9 of these regulations.
(b) Evidence required in support of a petition. The petition must include the following evidence in order to make the demonstration required by this section:
(1) Duly executed certifications required under paragraph (a) of this section;
(2) Exhibits containing the basis for the certifications required under paragraph (a) of this section (including those factual and analytical materials deemed by the petitioner to be sufficient to support the granting of this exemption);
(3) Environmental impact analysis, as required under § 503.13 of these regulations; and
(4) Fuels search, as required under § 503.14 of these regulations.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.503.36 State or local requirements - last updated October 02, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-10-energy/cfr-sect-10-503-36.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?