Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.217.2 Priorities and allocations authority
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Federal Regulations
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Section 201 of E.O. 12919 (59 FR 29525) delegates the President's authority under section 101 of the Defense Production Act to require acceptance and priority performance of contracts and orders (other than contracts of employment) to promote the national defense over performance of any other contracts or orders, and to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense to:
(1) The Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;
(2) The Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;
(3) The Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;
(4) The Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;
(5) The Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and
(6) The Secretary of Commerce for all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.
(b) Section 202 of E.O. 12919 states that the priorities and allocations authority delegated in section 201 of this order may be used only to support programs that have been determined in writing as necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense:
(1) By the Secretary of Defense with respect to military production and construction, military assistance to foreign nations, stockpiling, outer space, and directly related activities;
(2) By the Secretary of Energy with respect to energy production and construction, distribution and use, and directly related activities; and
(3) By the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to essential civilian needs supporting national defense, including civil defense and continuity of government and directly related activities.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.217.2 Priorities and allocations authority - last updated October 02, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-10-energy/cfr-sect-10-217-2.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?